Do’s and Don’ts During Pregnancy
The weight in pregnancy gain varies every month. During 1st trimester there is no weight gain or less gain because of vomiting
Average weight gain should be 1Kg to 1.5 kg per month in 2nd and 3rd trimester.
Baby’s growth is maximum in last trimester. Weight gain should not be more than 0.5 kg per week.
Following are the good examples of dos & don'ts in pregnancy
Do's & Don'ts During Pregnancy
- Smoking should be avoided completely
- Partner should avoid smoking inside the house.
- Passive smoking is also dangerous to the fetus
- Avoid alcohol in any form.
- Reduce coffee and aerated drinks.
- Avoid red fish like king mackerel, red tuna, red salmon and deep sea fish as mercury content is high in them.
- Include more proteins like dal, green grams, nuts, eggs, fish and milk
- Eat fiber rich foods, whole wheat products.
- Eat fruits and vegetables to avoid constipation.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid strenuous exercise in 1st trimester.
- Reduce frequency of sexual relationship in first three months and avoid completely in case of threatened abortion.
- X-ray exposure should be avoided during pregnancy.
Dr. Bindu Madhavan, MD, Gynecologist
More than 25 years of practice in the field of obstetrics & gynecology Dr. Bindu is one of the senior most gynecologist in UAE. Expert in the field of women's health and infertility Dr. Bindu is doctor to consult if you have any questions regarding pregnancy.